1.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

It seems that Havoline has a new policy that the driver must surrender their keys to their vehicle before the service will be performed.I have gone into Havoline express lube at least a hundred times.

They informed me of this new Corprarate policy before today, at which time I would tell them I would not give them my keys but they still did the service. Today after sitting for 20 minutes I pull into the bay and wait another 5 min before some one comes to start gathering information for the oil change. They check all my lights then have me start the vehicle to check my transmission fluid, then requested my vehicle keys be placed in a metal box. At this point I made the comment I was a grown *** man and would leave my keys on the passenger seat beside me.

This is when I was informed that a new Corprarate police would not allow that I do that, the ( I found out at that time) "NEW MANAGER" said they were not allowed to do an oil change if I didn't comply with their policy, I informed him I had my oil changed multiple times since their New Policy had gone into effect and had never put MY KEYS in their little box. At this point he closed my hood and had me drive out of the bay with my money, I guess this means there are enough *** people that they can control, so they didn't need my money. I'll not go back to any Havoline express (BS) oil change centers again. I'll find a business that wants to service my vehicles that doesn't need to control me, like I said I'm a grown *** man I'm not 65 yet but I can *** sure see it from where I'm at.

I'm too old for B--- S--- New Policy's that they don't even bother to explain why there is such a policy.

To this date the New Policy has never been explained to me, is the new policy because people drive out with out paying, or starting their vehicle before being asked to do so, or is it jut a power thing, "they have your Keys"!Bill of Madison TN

Review about: Havoline Oil Change.

Reason of review: Refused service.

Preferred solution: Maybe you should explain the reason for a New Policy that you impose on your clientele..

I liked: Location.

I didn't like: Corprate policy not explained.

Had an Experience with Havoline?

Comments

rollo2016
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1313492

It's the "one size fits all" method of many retailers---someone in corporate develops a policy rule and everyone falls in lockstep with the policy.Think requiring a cashier to demand your identification to show you are 21 years or older in order to buy booze even tho you are obviously ancient and much older than 21.

These are the places where I just refuse and walk away, leaving all my unpaid for good on the checkout line.

And, of course never go back.Common sense is a rare commodity at some retailers.